Schaeffler India continues to contribute towards skill development of India’s youth
2020-07-14 | Pune
- As part of Schaeffler India’s HOPE CSR program; STEP and NITARA initiatives have contributed towards skilling of over 550 youth from disadvantaged socio-economic communities around Pune, Vadodara and Hosur, for a better livelihood and respect in society
- Run as per recommendations of National Skill Development Corporation (NSDC), the initiatives aim to empower India’s youth with industry ready skills for employability, in line with government’s ‘Skill India’ mission.
Schaeffler India, leading industrial and automotive supplier (BSE: 505790, NSE: SCHAEFFLER) reiterated their commitment towards skilling on World Youth Skill Day by sharing their contribution to the under-privileged youth of India through their skill development initiatives, STEP and NITARA, which are part of the company’s HOPE CSR program.
On the occasion of World Youth Skills Day, Mr. Santanu Ghoshal, VP – HR and Head - CSR, Schaeffler India said “On this occasion of the World Youth Skills Day, it gives us immense satisfaction to recapitulate our small but earnest contribution towards skilling the youth of India. It further motivates us to continue to invest in programs like STEP and NITARA to ensure that Schaeffler’s contribution makes a difference to the society. As an organization Schaeffler is a strong believer of honing the right kind of skill sets and has been a passionate contributor along the lines of the ‘Skill India‘ mission.“
Nearly 400 beneficiaries under Schaeffler Technical Enhancement Program (STEP) in Pune and Hosur
Schaeffler India’s STEP initiative was launched in 2018, as an endeavour to improve employability of India’s vast workforce and thereby create a talent pool that is creative, skilled and have the right attitude. The program is aimed at empowering promising underprivileged youth, in the age group of 18-35 years, with new age technical training in modern automotive and industrial technologies and soft skills in order to make them industry ready, employable and self-reliant. As part of the initiative, Schaeffler India identifies and trains students at three of its state-of-the-art STEP training centres:
- Two STEP centres in Pune i.e Talegaon and Chinchwad in collaboration with Don Bosco Technical Training Institute, train the students in industry relevant skills such as CNC Programming, Hydraulics & Pneumatics, Turning & Milling simulations and Automotive Locktronics. Collectively, these centres have contributed to the skilling of around 195 beneficiaries till date.
- Inaugrated in 2019, in collaboration with SkillSonics, the STEP centre in Hosur, Tamil Nadu has been providing industry-aligned skills such as CNC Machinist and Mechatronics. The centre has contributed to skilling of over 200 beneficiaries till date.
- The training programs are run as recommended by the National Skill Development Corporation (NSDC) by the Ministry of Skill Development. Students are awarded with NSDC certification after successful completion of their courses.
179 beneficiaries skilled at Nitara Beauty Academy & Salon in Vadodara, Gujarat
Run under the umbrella of Schaeffler India’s HOPE CSR program, the Nitara Beauty Academy & Salon, located in Vadodara, Gujarat is Schaeffler India's skilling initiative aimed at fulfilling the aspirations of differently-abled and underprivileged girls, making them self-reliant and helping build careers in the growing beauty and wellness industry. Till date, around 179 beneficiaries have been trained at the NITARA Academy.
Similar to the STEP initiative, candidates not only get NSDC certification under the Ministry of Skill Development & Entrepreneurship at the end of a six-month training course, but also get support in getting placements.
Schaeffler India remains commited in its endeavor to transform India’s skilling domain and empower lesser-privileged youth through education, skilling and employability.
Schaeffler India is commited in its endeavor to transform the skilling domain in India and empower India’s less privileged youth through education and skilling for employability. Besides the STEP and NITARA initiatives which are aimed primarily towards skilling, Schaeffler India also supports a few schools in Gujarat and Maharashtra to ensure that underprivileged and disabled children from remote villages do not miss out on education. Additionally, Schaeffler India also runs the HOPE Engineering Scholarship Program to encourage talented underprivileged students to pursue a career in the fields of science and engineering.
Publisher: Schaeffler India
Package (Press release + media)